Monday, May 3, 2010

Bangers 'n Mash

I haven't yet left the Motherland for the waiting arms of Venezia et al, but I swear I can hear the continent calling my name. London is on the agenda in a couple of weeks time and what would London be without a traditional English night out, starting with a dinner of sausages and mashed potatoes aka Bangers 'n Mash.

So you just had a bold and animated question mark appear in your brain because coeliacs can't eat sausages, right? Wrong! In London we can!

Right in the hub of walking district Carnaby, in a side lane filled with buzzing pubs and hole-in-the-wall restaurants lies Mother Mash, an easy and relaxed little diner-style venue ready to serve those long, meaty fellas albeit edible for all!

The gluten-free banger option is a lamb and mint variety and might I add for those religious types, they're pork free too. Sides like peas, caramelised onions or Heinz baked beans may also be possible to eat, but you know what to do - interrogation time! Gravy I am pretty certain is a no-no. Check out their menu online.

I've gone pretty wild at Mother Mash in London. No need for the pub this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment