Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goodbye Venice

I left Venice weeks ago and realised I didn't dine accordingly to satisfy my quest for gluten-free menus. I did however do the research which can be viewed in some previous posts. Since then, I have discovered 2 more restaurants which cater for coeliac sufferers...

1. 'Da Poggi', I have been told, is a reasonably priced restaurant which appeals to both tourists (it's located on the main walkway of the city) and locals. It is certified by the Italian Coeliac Association and they assure separate cooking utensils and preparation under the guidance of a Coeliac Official (this person sounds pretty important, don't you think?) Deep fried items are available, cooked in rice flour.

2. Osteria Antico Dolo is a well-known restaurant near the Rialto Bridge which serves gluten-free pasta. Address: Rupa Rialto 778. Ph. 041 522 6546

Now onto the next installment...

No comments:

Post a Comment